Thursday, July 14, 2011

Flowers are coming...

This is the third day in the hospital with my mom, who has Alzheimer's.   Tests that are necessary and confusing to her at the same time.  Unfamiliar surroundings, routines, clothing and all the nasty stuff that goes with the territory. I'm praying that we have answers when all this is said and done!  The one thing that has brought a smile to her face was a vase of flowers from home.   I think I'll remember that smile for years to come.  It's so hard to see them hurt.  Hopefully, if tests go well tomorrow, we'll be back home on Friday.  Keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for her.

2 comments:

Sue said...

I will certainly say a prayer for her and for you too. After losing both in-laws in the past 3 months and my own mom a little over a year ago, I know the stress, sadness and exhaustion that comes with this part of life. It is so hard and I really feel for you. We are so used to them being the strong ones and I know that at times I just wanted to still be "the kid".

The Country Nest said...

My prayers are with you. Hang in there.