Monday, March 7, 2011

Do you have a song that brings uncontrollable tears?

I love music, have the radio/stereo/music on television most of the time.   Headphones when mowing in the summer, IPod when working in the yard.  All types of music and flavors.  Music that reminds me of days gone by, high school events, the first love, songs that remind me of family members long gone...but the one song to which I have no emotional ties and absolutely just pulls at my heart strings,and I cannot control the tears,.........is "In The Arms of the Angels".  

Do you have such a song?  What is it about certain songs that do this to us?

3 comments:

Hildred said...

Nice observation, - I have two songs that bring tears, - Ramona, one of my earliest memories is of my mother singing this as she swept the floor. And Il Silenzio (especially as Nini Rossi played this piece) because of its association with The Last Post and dear ones lost.

Sue said...

I react very strongly to music. One of my favorites is "Through My Daughter's Eyes".

Pamela Scott said...

thanks for stopping by today!! I love the song you mentioned and so many others give me chills...