Friday, December 31, 2010
Also held was our "First Annual Grinch Christmas Exchange" which provided tons of fun and laughter. Extended family members were invited to participate as well. Might I mention that I came down with a serious sinus infection as did two of the five kids. We survived the weekend in a bit of a fog at time. I'm so thankful my kids jumped in and helped with the cooking and hosting activities for the weekend.
It's always my favorite time of the year when they are home and I miss them so much......I know, it's a "Mom" thing.
Posted by Journey at 9:20 AM
- Live each day as if it were my last.
- Acknowledge things I am thankful for daily.
- Take time to savor the moments.
- Give and receive extra long hugs from family and friends.
- TELL people how important they are/have been in my life while they can understand.
- Appreciate all that I have and all that I have become.
- Reach out more to friends and relatives for conversations - it only takes a minute.
- Write more short notes.
- Start using my collection of cookbooks.
- Limit myself on the computer.
- Redo blog and post regularly.
- Scan those pictures and start on those Power Points!
- Read one book per week.
- Tackle the family room redecorating project.
- Find and put all those random photos in order and in photo books.
- Clear off the treadmill and actually use it! Losing weight would be a bonus, but more importantly strengthening those back muscles will make life so much easier.
- Develop an exercise program and watch the diet.
- Plan that new garden design while the snow is on the ground.
- Start sorting and simplifying my collections of "things."
- Purge closets and dispose of items I haven't worn in 6 months. Someone else can use them!
- Refinish that chest.
Do you make annual New Year Resolutions?
How successful are you at keeping them?
Posted by Journey at 8:56 AM